I love to read!
I have read hundreds of book over the years, but there are a handful of books that have have had a big impact in my life. These are books that changed how I think and have affected my behavior.
Here is a list of my top ten books.
1) Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer – This book increased the quality of my life in a dramatic way. It taught me how to recognize negative thinking patterns in my life and how to change them.
2) Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend – Revolutionized my marriage and my parenting.
3) A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards – A comparison of the leadership skills of King David and King Saul. It changed how I viewed leadership.
4) How to be Led by the Spirit of God by Kenneth Hagin – The best book I’ve ever read on how to hear the voice of God. It gave me confidence that I can hear from heaven.
5) Tribes by Seth Godin – Motivated me to start leading again.
6) Make Anger Your Ally by Neil Clark Warren – Taught me to control my anger and use it in a positive way. (It’s out of print, but you can order it used at Amazon.)
7) Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey – I did not have good people skills when I started in ministry. Stephen Covey totally changed how I view people. I use Habit #5 every day. “Seek to understand, then be understand.”
8) Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – The author interviewed over 500 men of great wealth. Men like Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, Alexander Graham Bell and Thomas Edison and put the results of his findings in this book. Rich people think different that poor people. This book totally changed how I viewed money.
9) The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson – Motivates you to dream big dreams and put your dreams into action.
10) Five Levels of Leadership by John Maxwell – John Maxwell’s latest book on leadership and is arguably the best book I’ve ever read on the subject.
Look for my review on these books in the coming months.
What’s your list?