“We always thank God for you all and always mention you in our prayers. For we remember before our God and Father how you put your faith into practice, how your love made you work so hard, and how your hope in our Lord Jesus Christ is firm.” I Thessalonians 1:2-3
One of the most important things you can do – that has huge benefits – is to make sure you give your team heartfelt, personal, appreciation. We are in this together, but as a leader you have more responsibility. It does take time and planning, but it is worth it.
Here are some ideas on how you can show your appreciation this month.
Jeanne Bowser lives in Apopka, Florida. This is what Jeanne does for her team at Word of Life Church:
- I leave sticky notes, since I’m the “Sticky Note Queen” telling them I appreciate them.
- I send them e-mails with scriptures, or just a word of encouragement.
- When I see them on Sunday, I like to give them hugs.
- I also try to phone the ones who are “Phone People.”
- I text the “Text-ers” keeping up with how they communicate, so I can touch base and see how they are doing.
- I have one night a month where I pray for my teachers and youth workers.
- I have prayed with them and their families when they’ve been sick.
What I liked about Jeanne’s strategy is that she took her cues from her people.
If they were fluent texters – she texted.
If they preferred talking on the phone – she phoned them.
Make it a point to begin showing your heartfelt appreciation.
To help you I want to give you the postcards I use to give to my team.
Mrs. Debbie’s Praise Cards 1-4
(These are designed 4 cards on 8 1/2″ x 11″. Simply download file, print on perforated postcard cardstock.)
Thank you for all you do for the kids in your ministry, it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Enjoy these praise cards and give heartfelt thank-you’s to your team!