“Go into all the world and make disciples.”
Jesus wants us to ‘make disciples’ of the kids in our class.
This begs the following questions,
• How do I actually make a disciple?
• What does a disciple look like?
• What does a disciple do?
The word disciple means ‘to teach and to train.’
Bottom line: A disciple of Christ is someone who listens to Christ and obeys Christ.
If this seems incredibly simple it is.
The world is getting more and more complicated, but a relationship with Christ can be summed up in five basic steps.
Here are five steps for helping kids grow strong in Christ.
1) Born Again – I want my kids to do more than repeat the sinner’s prayer. I want them to have a real relationship with Christ.
2) Read The Bible – We need to teach kids about the
importance of reading the Bible, but we also need to build Bible reading into our programs. If kids do not learn how to read the Bible they will never become a disciple of Christ. (I do this in my small group time.)
3) Go To Church – God speaks to us at church. He speaks to us through our leaders and our friends. I see a lot of people beating up on the church today, but I have observed when people stop attending church, they begin to grow weak spiritually.
4) Prayer – Prayer is not just talking to God. Half of our prayer life should be spent listening to God. God speaks to us during our prayer time.
5) Obey – God speaks to me through the Bible. God speaks to me at church. God speaks to me through pray, but I really start to grow spiritually when I obey God and do what He says. Strong disciples are people who hear God’s voice and obey. They may be 10 years old or they may be 50 years old. Age is not a requirement for spiritual growth. Obedience is the requirement for spiritual growth.
At SuperChurch.com we have created a new 12-week Curriculum titled Grow Up.
Grow Up is strategically designed to help kids grow strong in God.
Here is what people are saying about Grow Up.
“Grow Up – Super Church was excellent! It not only challenged the kids in my class to begin to grow up spiritually, but it challenged me as their teacher! Just the curriculum ‘church kids’ really need!” – Julie Bay
Check out the lesson titles of Grow Up:
Lesson 1: Don’t be a Baby – 1 Peter 2.2
Lesson 2: Born Again – John 3:3
Lesson 3: Read the Bible – 1 Peter 2:2
Lesson 4: Do What the Bible Says – James 1:22
Lesson 5: Guard Your Heart – Proverbs 4:23
Lesson 6: Pray Everyday – Matthew 6:6
Lesson 7: Take Time to Listen – Psalm 46:10
Lesson 8: Go to Church – Hebrews 10:25
Lesson 9: Obey God – Isaiah 1:19
Lesson 10: A Change of Mind – Romans 12:2
Lesson 11: Transform Your Thoughts – Philippians 4:8
Lesson 12: Be Your Own Boss – 1 Corinthians 9:27
Grow Up sells for $150.00 for the 12-week kit.
What are you waiting for?
Take advantage of this great deal and start making disciples today.
Here’s What You Get!
- 12 Large Group Lessons
- 12 Small Group Lessons
- 12 Home Devotional Lessons
- 12 Adventures Of The Masked Hero
- 12 Bottom Line & Memory Verse
- 12 Digital Review Questions
- 12 Short Films
That’s $12.42 per week!