EMPTY TOMB CRESCENT ROLLS
How to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection in the kitchen.
This is a great way to talk about the resurrection of Jesus and the empty tomb with your family, in a fun and creative way. You will use items you may already have handy. I’ve included baking directions, talking points and scriptures for you to use.
PREP TIME COOK TIME TOTAL TIME
5 minutes 13 minutes 18 minutes
- 8 large marshmallows (you can use small marshmallow also)
- 1 package crescent rolls (16oz)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Dip a marshmallow in melted butter.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Wrap in a crescent roll dough strip. Make sure the edges are completely sealed and pinched closed. Put in a greased muffin tin and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375 F for 13-15 minutes.
CONVERSATION WITH CHILDREN
Jesus Crucified – Read John 19:16-18
- When oven is preheating.
Death & Burial of Jesus – Read John 19:38-42
- Crescent rolls represent the burial cloths of Jesus.
- Marshmallow – represents the pure sinless body of Jesus.
- Cinnamon sugar – represents the burial oils and spices.
Resurrection – The Tomb Is Empty – Read John 20:1-10
- Once rolls are cooled time to open. They are empty just like the tomb Jesus was buried in.
SCRIPTURES TO USE WHILE BAKING
Jesus Crucified – John 19:16-18
Death & Burial of Jesus – John 19:38-42
Resurrection – The Tomb Is Empty – John 20:1-10