I love gifts! I love getting gifts, I love giving gifts. Giving is my love language for sure!
That is why I love having a chance to give gifts to people. Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines day, Presidents Day. Maybe not that last one. But I love giving gifts to people. And they do not need to be large expensive gifts to be meaningful.
Here’s some great ideas on what to get the volunteers in your ministry for Christmas:
- I just love the dollar store. You can seriously find stuff for everyone there!
- I just found out about this new store, Five Below, and you guessed it, everything is $5 and below. You can get mugs, notepads, pens, bath salts, the list is endless.
- Last year, I went to RedBox.com and bought several codes for free movie rentals. I then bought some bags of popcorn and movie theater boxes of candy and tied it all together. Cute, Inexpensive, and everybody loved it.
- $5 gift card to Starbucks in a cute mug from the dollar store
- TJ Max is another great place to find cute stuff at an inexpensive price.
- If you have a lot of volunteers who have kids, offer to watch them during the busy holiday season so they can finish up gift shopping. (This could also be a good fundraiser)
- If you have a volunteer who is late all the time you could give them a watch. haha just kidding.
- Make something! Take a look on Pinterest for an endless list of things you can make for people. Everyone loves a good cookie!
Here is a whole Pinterest board of ideas for you, check it out HERE. (While you are there, make sure to follow our Pinterest Page)
I also came up with a great idea for this year. I have come up with a gift idea that you can give to the people who are volunteering on that Sunday.
Sunday Morning Emergency Kit
Instant Coffee – I am not a super big fan of instant coffee. But there are some days, when I do not have time to make or even go and buy coffee.
Mints – to cover up the coffee breath
Chewy bar – because if there is not enough time to make coffee, there is not enough time to make breakfast. Coffee then breakfast.
Bible verse – print out an encouraging Bible verse
Just download this handy little image and assemble the items in a cute mug or bag.
Another fun thing you can do for Christmas Eve Sunday morning is set up some food and coffee if you don’t already do that.
Set out coffee, bagels, donuts, chewy bars, and my favorite idea have a hot coco bar with all the fixings. Marshmallows, peppermints, chocolate chips, the list could go on and on. I have made a Pinterest board FULL of ideas for a Hot Cocoa Bar! CLICK HERE to see it. We did this last year at our Christmas Eve service and it was so much fun!